Saturday, December 21, 2013

Warrior Diaries: Maasai (Inspired by the movie "The Warriors")

August 4, 1978

Dear Diary,

Well, shit, Cyrus is dead. I don't know if you heard. I always wanted his job but this is not the way I wanted to go about gettin' it!

I have a feelin' this is going to be a long night. It all started well enough with Cyrus' big happenin in the Bronx and then just as he had everyone in the palm of his hand, someone shot his ass. As he fell off his podium, on the outside I was all like "Shit!" but on the inside I was like "Oh, man, I get to be warlord of the Riffs, the biggest gang in the city, which means I won't have to take any shit!"

But Cyrus is dead, and we have to find who did it and waste those mutherfuckers. There's word that it was a clique from Coney called the Warriors. They got a long way to go, and I think they got nowhere to run to, and nowhere to hide.

I just got word that the Turnbulls, they blew it.

We got our connection, Mama Mary, of Mama Mary at Midnight over at KKNF 102.7, droppin' soulful clues to the soldiers out there about the Warriors whereabouts, as well as providing a rocking and ironic soundtrack to the evenings proceedings.

I guess I have a lot of things to plan for now that Cyrus is gone. For example, I can finally change the official Riffs uniform to one which I have always found conducive to rumblin' and wastin' - black toe shoes, black parachute pants, and a black sparkly vest open at the waist with no shirt underneath. The boys will inspire awe in the hearts and minds of their opponents as they be wastin' them.

I just got word that some small time clique ran into the Warriors. Apparently this click is called the Orphans and, while they're not in our network, they rumble anyway.

Who are the Warriors? I want them alive if possible, if not, Wasted!

Yeah, that's just what I'm going to say to the gang at the meeting!

Got to go, diary. This night will be a long one! All this talk about the Warriors has kind of made me want to visit Coney. I always did love the beach there. I'll let you know how it goes.

Love always,

Maasai


That's me in the sunglasses.  Since I am the baddest, I wear the darkest sunglasses in the most dimly-lit rooms!
 That's me in the sunglasses. Since I am the baddest, I wear the darkest sunglasses in the most dimly-lit rooms!

No comments:

Post a Comment